Monday 22 August 2011

T.G.I. Monday #1

It's Monday morning, and it's time to get excited about this week.  I'm going to be posting a TGI Mondays post every week from now on.  They'll always include a motivational video, and a quote to kick start your week.  All quotes come from my friend's awesome site, www.ultimatequote.co.uk - make sure to check it out and show him some love.  Each week I will be sharing with you a playlist of music that I'm listening to right now (see left), my music taste has always caused confusion for my friends because it so varied and odd - so I hope there is something in there for everyone.  BE WARNED - some of the music contains swearing, so if you're likely to be offended by naughty words please just do the smart thing and not listen to it, thanks.

So lets get on with this weeks TGI Monday.  The video above always psyches me up, whether it's for exercise, work or just getting on with my day - it always gets me going.  So enjoy it, and pass it on to your friends!

The playlist this week includes a proper mix of tunes with perhaps my favourite being 'Loca People' by Sak Noel - that song is destined to be huge and is already starting to be played in the club.  But on the other end of the spectrum,  I'm a little obsessed with Otis Redding at the moment.  I think it's because of the Kanye West and Jay-Z release entitled 'Otis' which includes a sample of 'Try a Little Tenderness'.  I feel so ashamed of liking that song, because it's essentially West and Jay-Z fuelling their egos over the top of a classic Redding track.  So I think I'm compensating for it by getting out my old definitive collection of the legend himself.  Enjoy 'I'm too late' on the playlist, which is also used for a Kanye West sample on another track.

'Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today' - James Dean

I thought this quote was appropriate for the first week of this blog because it sums up what this website is all about!

What have I achieved in the last week??  Well apart from starting this blog up, my business partner and I also had a meeting with a business advisor from Barclays.  She's a friend of my Mums (have to use your contacts) - which proved very productive.  She recommended some fantastic websites which are going to prove to be great resources in the coming weeks/months - I'll make sure to share them with you in a future post.

Now that you've had your TGI Monday dosage, start planning your goals for this week and get excited about them!  Go get it it guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment