Saturday 27 August 2011

App Review: 'Schedule Planner'

I would be hopeless without my iPhone.  If you don't have one (or a smartphone), and you want to be successful, productive etc, I can't emphasize how useful they can be.  My iPhone runs my life for me, it guides me when I'm lost, it keeps me organised, it keeps my up to date with news wherever I am, it allows me to check my email anywhere, and it keeps me in touch with my shares portfolio.  It's proved to be priceless.

But not all apps are good, for the sake of this blog I'll be mostly looking at apps that relate to improving your lifestyle (as good as Angry Birds is, it's not going to enhance your life too dramatically).  Today's app is 'Schedule Planner' which is highly regarded as one of the best apps for productivity.  I downloaded the app because I was looking for an app that would allow me to plan every hour of my day so that I could maximize my productivity.  The app was free, but to use all it's features you need to upgrade it for 69p (a good marketing technique to consider if you're making an app).

The app does what it says, it has allowed me to plan my whole day by the minute, and I've been using it for the last couple of days to see how much of an improvement it's made on my life.  Without a doubt I've been perhaps 75% more productive than usual because it reminds you that you're supposed to be doing 'X' now.  My issue with the app is it's functionality, it is overly complicated to use and requires more effort that I think is necessary.  I'd like to be able create a list of goals for that day, how long each one would take, and then be able to drag that on to a day sheet on the time I wanted.  Instead you have to create each activity from scratch, and then remember when each finishes so that you don't overlap the next.  The biggest flaw for me is that instead of being able to just tick an activity once you've done it - you actually have to reprogram the event in the 'Actual' column, rather than just ticking the activity in the 'Planned' column.

Overall this app gives you what it says on the tin, but it's functionality frustrates me and will inevitably lead to me deleting it and searching for a better option.  If you are aware of better option, tell me in the comment box, thanks guys!

I'll give this app a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment