Thursday 25 August 2011

My Inspirations: Chris Guillebeau

From time to time I'm going to write a post about a person who has inspired me.  I fully recommend that you investigate these people, look at their website, buy their book - just learn about them because they have all had a huge impact on my life and my direction.

Today I'm going to be talking about Chris Guillebeau.  I made the decision to purchase Chris' book late last year based purely on the title, 'The Art of Non-Conformity'.  I hadn't heard about him before this, I just liked the concept of his book.  I read his book whilst on a road trip to the south of Spain in January this year, and I was glued to his unconventional perspectives and theories.  His views are both refreshing and useful, and I've taken his views on board and carry most of them around with me at all times.

Chris is a world traveler, who is now a full-time writer.  His goal in life is to try and visit every country in the world before he is 35, and to teach his unconventional methods of living and generating income to anyone who is willing to listen.  His blog is extremely successful, and he has many products that are fantastically innovative (many of which are free).

I've just finished his '279 Days to Overnight Success' eBook (which he gives away for FREE, yes - so go get it right now, at http://chrisguillebeau.com/3x5/overnight-success).  I read the eBook in research for this blog, and aim to implement many of his theories in the next few weeks.  It documents how to use social media to become a full-time writer, I suggest you read it if you're interested in blogging or writing in general.

I've learnt from Chris' writings to think outside the box, and not just simply accept the conformist ways that govern 99% of people on this planet.  It's good to take the path less traveled, it's good to step out of the crowd and wonder off in a different direction.

1 comment:

  1. He followed me on twitter the other day, made me love him that little bit more! :P

    ReplyDelete